Sunday, June 29, 2008

Driving, Moving, Working, Moving, Camping, Pageanting, and obviously Not Blogging!

Well, I am truly a slacker! It's been three weeks since I last wrote and boy things have changed. I don't live in Nephi anymore and have filled my jobless hours of frustrated relaxation with two jobs. It should be an interestingly, busy summer.

I started work at Sam's Club - woot - last Monday. It's been really fun. I enjoy the atmosphere a lot and talking with all the people who come through my line. If you ever find yourself in need of entertainment just grab a motorized cart, jump in my line with way too many groceries, pretend you don't speak English, and pay with a credit card that doesn't work - it's a joy!! Hahaha.
I also started work for an insurance broker in Provo on Monday. That job is right up my alley. I can call customers and file papers with the best of 'em. It's definitely a plush 9-5 with a nice, paid lunch and my own office. Sometimes I feel like a work in a frat house - watching grown men in suits smash computer screens with hammers can cause those feelings.
I also reunited with my long-lost friend, cousin, neighbor Brittany!! YAY! We may live in the ghetto of Orem but it's all good. The couch serves as an excellent door jam. Just kidding. We are only home at night because we're both working fools. However, we have already found time for a dance party!! Tango anyone?

About camping. . . . my family indulged my desire to go camping over Father's day weekend. We only went overnight because someone I know had a massive allergic reaction to life! But it was very enjoyable. We definitely missed Scott but here are some pics. . . the retarded faces (you can't miss it) is are ode to the traveling brother!
That's right. . .I'm dutchovening!



This is the one!




This is her model look! (Love you mom!)



All he need is a big blue ox!



My pal Dave and I attended the Manti Pageant last weekend. It is still the theatrical production of the century! Dave hadn't gone since he was a deacon so he met me in Gunnison and we braved those crazy Mormon people. I won't say the mosquitoes were a bonus but spending time with Dave was great!!



This is the only photo where we are both looking at the camera - haha. Note: Can you see the mosquito by my eye? Yep, that one got me!


5 comments:

Debbie said...

Yay Erin! You ARE still alive!!! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. I never did hear if you had to fly back to Alabama to get your stuff or not. I'm glad you're finally gainfully employed. I was worried you might start liking the slacker lifestyle. lol
Keep in touch.

Rach said...

Isn't is great to be all grown up and to have to work? haha. But hey, life is full of adventures right? :) Hey, guess what? Only 7 weeks until we get to move back to C-town!!! That is when the real party begins...:) Love ya!

Hali said...

Alright...nowhere in all your crazy comings and goings do I see "playing with Hali!". GEEZ! What kinda friend are you?!? LOL

Sorry...that's my bad. We will party harty soon ;).

Luv you, the crazy Evans fam, and your oh-so-funny adventures. See you soon!

Meghan said...

It looks like you are having a crazy hectic summer! I miss you! Love your fav. roommate!

Trecia said...

hey ERNN miss ya but I looks like you are having a fun time. Hope you are still coming back to the good ol Library