Thursday, January 31, 2008

This Is How A Heart Breaks

I dedicate this post to every guy, everywhere who just can’t seem to get the girl. Don’t give up, just don’t – DO NOT- make any of the following mistakes after only going on one date with your “true love”:

1. Asking me to go to the temple (I’m sure it was innocent. . . but TWICE!)
2. A “secret” bouquet of flowers. . . it wasn’t so secret, kind of stalkerish.
3. Giving me a scripture to study – Colossians 2:5 – it’s good, unless you take it out
of context, which he did!
4. A nice note: “thank you so much for your smile. . .a smile brings joy to yourself
and is the basis of happiness and happiness is the goal of the gospel and
missionary work”. Does he want to convert me or send me on a mission?!?!?.
5. Three consecutive messages confessing your love, saying your not desperate and
apologizing. It is too late to apologize!

It was inspired by the guy whose heart I had to break yesterday. We had to have a "DTR".Don’t misunderstand, I didn’t enjoy the task but it had to be done. Most of you will understand. I thought it would better to set the parameters of our relationship before someone got too involved. So, things are cool now (or so he says). Most importantly, our realationship as friends can progress now without any false hopes or beliefs and having positive relationships makes me happy, which leads to smiling which is the goal. . . . well you get it!

4 comments:

Rach said...

"Esta bien!" haha:) We sure are the heartbreakers! Poor guys, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...:)

Hali said...

Ha Ha...I officially need details! Poor guy :) (Can't blame him for trying though).

Stand your ground my friend.

See you in a couple of hours! (Yay!)

Meghan said...

rachel's a copy cat. I told her you gotta do what you gotta do on her blog when she broke up with mark. Oh well. Well I'm excited to see how this all turns out. I mean if he keeps trying.... hahaha.

Em said...

You and Rach are twinners! I can't believe your heartbreaks! I'm so sorry!

Luv- Emmie

(Emily)