Sunday, January 20, 2008

And I Smiled. . .

First, let me explain the name of my blog. Last semester I read Victor Frankl's book Man's Search For Meaning. This book changed my perspective of life. Frankl told this story, “We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms – to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.” Frankl's story inspired me to choose the attitude I have about life everyday; I am trying to find courage in my tears, meaning in my suffering, love in every circumstance, and happiness in my life.

Here are three things that have helped me find happiness in my life:

3 comments:

Hali said...

YEAH! Erin is blogging! Now we have one more way to exchange funny thoughts ha ha.

Thanks for the invite. Love your blog (I almost used that same background :) and the post (felt the same way after reading that book) ...we're too alike for words sometimes. Ha Ha

Keep in touch my dear. I'll call when I'm in Cedar in a few weeks. Be good :)

Meghan said...

I'm so excited you invited me to your blog. I can officially call you my roommate now. haha. well can't wait to see ya tonight.
meg

Rach said...

YAY!!! You have officially joined the world of blogging!!! Oh, and by the way...nice photo...who's your photographer? :) Love ya tons!!! Hey...We should totally GET JERSEYS!!!!!!!!!