Monday, November 2, 2009

When one door closes. . . .

. . . it is sometimes true that another door opens but more often than not you try to kick, ram, and force your way back through the closing entry before finally turning to another door, sticking your arm out to test the temperature, following with an anxious glance around and finally proceeding into the unknown armed only with the knowledge that you would rather explore a new, sometimes scary, room than be stuck glaring that the closed door forever.

And so, I find myself back in Cedar City exploring my new room! It will be interesting getting used to a new job, a new home, no husband (for a month and a half), and the overwhelming feeling to spend all of my time playing racquetball but I would truly go stir crazy staring at my last closed door.

Since losing my job in Orem (blame the economy because the people there were GREAT) and solidifying our plans to move back to Cedar in December, Bryce and I decided that it was in our best interests for me to move to Cedar and begin work ASAP while he finishes school in Orem. Thankfully we have the Lord on our side. I found a new job the week after leaving my old one, we have been able to sell our housing contract in Orem, and Bryce received an all-tuition paid scholarship to SUU! Life is crazy but it couldn't be better! For all you fretting romantics we will still get the 'newly-wed bliss' EVERY weekend, not to mention unlimited calls every night after 7:00. My wonderful in-laws have taken me in and after a month of solitary confinement in Orem, Bryce will live with my parents until he finishes school. We are so blessed to have family helping us find our way through this new door!

The moral of the story: when one door closes another will open whether by force, sheer luck, or blessings from Heaven!

7 comments:

rexburgskinners said...

You are so positive Erin, Bryce is sure a lucky guy to have you. And don't worry my sister will take GREAT care of you! She is awesome! You knew that, and for those lonely nights....chocolate can be your best friend when the real one is not around:) Good luck sweetie!

Loni said...

I love your analogies! You guys are awesome--at least you listen to the Lord as he helps you through the next door, you never know how often you will need to discover that next door waiting in the wings. . .

Hali said...

How I love thee Erin friend! Enjoy the new, scary, unchartered waters. Sometimes those turn out to be the most interesting life experiences.

Congrats on the new job. Glad the first day went well. Can't wait to see you! (And can't believe I have to come all the way to Cedar to do so when you've been living just up the road. Boo.) Loves all the same!

Hali said...

PS... would you like me to make sure Bryce doesn't kill the landlord or starve while you're gone? :-)

Erin Kay said...

Thanks girls! Hal, you will be proud to know that Bryce bought veggies yesterday - along with two packages of hot dogs and six cans of chili- but still. You may need to check on the other issue though. hehe. Love you all!

Lindsay Carrick said...

Good luck with everything Erin! Sounds like it's all coming together and working out for the best. =)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Erin! I had heard that you were coming back to Cedar! Good to know that you are here now, even though alone. Where are you working??? Certainly NOT at your previous work place or I would have seen you for sure! ha. Stop by sometime and say hi to your old boss. I'm walking by the SUU P.E. Bldg. Racquetball courts every day at 5:15 and 6:15 pm, so I'll keep an eye out for you.