Thursday, October 30, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Dear Stella,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you have a fantastic day now that you're the "big 12" ;) On this day to celebrate you, I thought it would be appropriate to remember and say thanks for all the things you have taught me. Of course, since you're only "12" that many lessons would be appropriate, however, I alone know you're true age. So, here are some of the most valuable life lessons in a proportion a little more age appropriate!!

You've taught me to. . . always use water when boiling broccoli, laugh at myself, read the word "is", try to cook, arrange 3 or 5 wall decorations, preserver, be independent, do what's right because it's right, throw like a girl, sing at the top of my lungs, grunt on the serve, never give in, grate cheese, serve others, count change, overachieve, lead, question, follow Him, tie my shoes, love, bottle beans, pears, tomatoes, carrots, jelly, and everything else, go for it, and remember who I am and whose I am.

You've also taught me that. . . sarcasm is mostly ok, having a "sweet spirit" is not so bad, change happens, it's alright to try again, sometimes it just doesn't happen, life isn't roses but they sure smell good, a smile helps, 2 cups = 1 pint, the glass is half full, growing up is optional, everyone is uniquely wonderful, and loving yourself is what really matters.

So, Stella, what it really boils down to (like broccoli in water) is that through you're example and love, patience and kindness I've learned who I am and what really matters in this life. Thank you for your example and the lessons you've shared. On you're big day, don't do anything I wouldn't do or if you do take pictures! I love you!!

Hearts,

Erin

4 comments:

Rach said...

Happy Birthday Stella! Love ya!!!!!

=)

Em said...

Happy Birthday!

Hali said...

Friend of mine... a quick comment to say you're awesome.

You can to my "give thanks" list... My fabulous friend ERN!

Can't wait to play. Take care. LUVS!

Hali said...

err... I left out the word "add" up there. You know where. :)