Thursday, May 15, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

I know the title is cliche but. . . 'bama is my residence for awhile! First let me explain. This summer I'm working for Eclipse as an Office Manager for a branch of Pointe Pest Control. I share an apartment with my friends Phil and Maggi Wulf and work with a group of 15 salesmen and technicians. (Most single, RMs :) Let's just say, it's a pretty sweet job. Really chill and relaxing. I mean I wear basketball shorts in the office, aka my apartment! Since I can't yet drive a stick-shift car, I haven't been able to do much exploring but the area we're living in is very nice - full of stores, a huge mall, restaurants and hotels. There is a university down the road (with three libraries) that I hope to explore soon! Here are a few pics of my apartment complex. And yes, I am not in the Caribbean or Oregon although from the trees you couldn't tell!! It was very rainy today so they are a little dark- sorry! The outside of my apartment building #300. It is huge, very nice complex. Notice Maggi
parked in the handicap safe space - lol.
The view of rainy Alabama trees from our balcony. Trees line every road and walkway - it's
crazy green. The view from my window on the third floor!
The view from the back of our complex parking lot.

A fabulous, newly watered flower!!

Hopefully I'll have more, sunnier pictures for you soon!! 'Night ya'll!

3 comments:

Rach said...

Wow! It reminds me of Washington with how green it is. i am excited to see more pics! And I am totally jealous that you get to wear bball shorts to work...oh wait...I can too! :) Love ya

Hali said...

Awwww...thanks for sharing. Miss you already :).

Have the time of your life and we'll see you in a couple of weeks!

Meghan said...

Oh my gosh! That sounds like fun! I'm excited to see more pics. too! I miss you soo soo soo soo soo soo soo much! I'm jealous you can wear basketball shorts, but scrubs are pretty relaxing too. Well I have to go get ready for my interview. I'm very scared. love you!