Tuesday, November 2, 2010

23.

     I have been one-score and three years for over a week.
                     I am officially "sooooo old" (thanks Hairy) and I haven't even blogged about it.
My sincere apologies.

Needless to say, being 23 has been eerily similar to being 22. I definitely still look like I'm 18 and I don't really feel any older, or wiser for that matter. But I am sure that magic number of "wiser oldness" is right around the corner. 25 maybe?!?

However, I have been doing a lot of thinking since I turned 23 on the 23rd. I have thought a lot about what I have accomplished in a few short year, what I still want to accomplish and, most of all, what I have been blessed with. So, although this post has been a long time coming and I'm sure my ramblings aren't nearly as entertaining as I think they are, here are a few of my 23rd Birthday Thoughts and, not to fear, there is a picture at the end :)

At 23 I have . . . 
Married my best-friend.
Given love and received love.
Been gettin' teached for almost 17 years.
Finally become a kind-of "real" teacher.
Hopefully helped someone somewhere.
Entered the House of the Lord.
Been completely surprised.
Fallen down and up a flight of stairs, or two.
Wrote down some goals.
Published a paper.

Learned entirely too much about health insurance.
Laughed until I cried . . . . and had other bodily issues.
Finally baked rolls.
Secretly made-out in the movie theater.
Sang Sweet Caroline with 15,000 strangers in Fenway Park.

After 23 I want to . . .
Spend every waking moment with my Bryce.
Keep learning.
Laugh everyday.
Remember what I'm grateful for.
Write a book.
Be a mom.
Travel the world.
Read novels instead of text books.
Make chocolate chip cookies that don't burn.
Love.
Decorate an entire home with pictures of life.
Live in every moment.

Everyday I am thankful for . . . more than any words any explain. Yep, I am actually at a loss for words. Journal this moment people! I have been so bless with a wonderful soul-mate, a loving family, the Gospel, opportunity and happiness. So, Happy "Late" Birthday to me! 23 will be good to me. I am sure. 
Bryce surprised me with BYU tickets for my birthday and miraculously he even cheered for the Cougars!


1 comment:

Hali said...

Tender! Erin Kay...you are AWESOME!

PS...I'm probably the worst friend ever. I totally forgot to call you for your birthday. Boo me.

I'll make it up to you. Promise. Promise. (Ice cream and crazy adventures in C*town?!?) Or perhaps I'll teach you how to make cookies that don't burn ;-) Loves.