Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Weekend Adventures!

Yep, sometimes we have adventures that don't  include sports! P.S. We L-O-V-E our families!!


Saturday May 30

In celebration of Lonna's 25th birthday (that's right 2-5!), we took a Heuett family day trip to Zion's Park. A most spectacular celebration. Bryce and I began the day by accidentially sleeping in and nearly missing breakfast at the crack of dawn. Luckily, we made it and after eating the whole family piled into the van and headed to Highway 9. After finally finding a parking space halfway across Washington County, everyone else was celebrating Lonna's b-day at Zion's too, we entered the park. We hiked the Weeping Rock, River Walk, Emerald Pools, and Big Bend hikes. Erin Jo and I couldn't quite convince anyone to hike Angel's Landing this trip but next time Hairy is coming with us :) The weather was perfect, the company was great, and, of course, the scenery was awesome!! Following a late-afternoon nap we ended with delicious, homemade hamdogs. Quite possibly a perfect Happy Birthday Lonna!




Thursday June 5 - Friday June 6

Even if the Lagoon website is questionable in its calendar accuracy (just ask my mom) we will still have fun with a long weekend in the 801. The weekend after Lonna's birthday celebration, Bryce and I ventured up north for a fun filled frolic with the Evans family. On Thursday we drove to SLC and set up camp at Cherry Hill campground. Now, you may assume that Cherry Hill caters to families with small children and this is true; however, we Evans/Heuett  people may or may not act like small children. Thursday night was complete with batting cages, naps, mini-golf, a little shopping, and card games. Note: You might see us on the professional put-put golf circut very soon. Friday consisted of dare devil slide rides at Raging Waters. There were a few injuries (i.e. Bryce's mashed foot, dad's swollen face, Scott's bloody nose) but it was fun to be out in the sunshine and chlorinated water. After finally making it home Saturday morning, we celebrated dad's birthday with lots of delicious food and, of course, cheesecake! Happy Birthday my Bruce!


2 comments:

Hali said...

"We may or may not act like small children?" LOVE it. Perhaps I'll join you on the put-put circuit OR perhaps I'll just have to venture to Marriott de Heuett sometime soon :-).

In all of your celebrations, please don't get blown up by a firework. Mmmmk?!

LOVES :-)

matt and steph said...

I had no idea that Utah had water slides like that! I know where we will be going come August! Thanks for enlightening us!