Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Elvis is pretty and Hali sings!

How about a little trip for some quality Reed's Ice Cream and catch-up time? Sounds simple right? Adding that this little trip included Hali and a fantastic, life size cardboard cut-out of Elvis doesn't make it ridiculously illegal does it? Well, it should! We started out with some creamed cold (or frozen Play Dough in Hal's case - Superman, sicky) and it all went uphill from there. Hali, Erin, and The King having a night on the town!

First stop the light park. Elvis is a l-u-c-k-y man!!

Elvis at THE stop light. This would be were Hali let me jump in the snow while she hid in her car because it was "cold" and mostly because she was scared of the cops. Sheesh! (First the fireworks now the street corner.)


No, it is not completely against the law to be in the city park after dark if you don't get caught! And so we didn't. We may have walked through at least 2' of snow but Elvis got to swing and slide just like old times!!


Next stop, our old stomping grounds. "Neath the majestic guard of Nebo and blending with the clear blue sky stands the master of our valley, behold our dear Juab High with Elvis!!"

The tour would not be complete without a stop at the Nephi Dental Clinic! Many a night spend at this place but never one so royal. (P.S. The latex, bubblegum, disinfectant of NDC is one of those things like riding a bike. . . it instantly comes back)

Finally, Elvis visited la bibliotecha or at least the bookdrop. In honor of the times and joys of the Sherratt Library!

Now, I would never bring a guy home without properally introducing him to the family. . . by placing him on the porch and doorbell ditching of course!

Oh what a magical evening full of folded cardboard, frozen fingers, and CRAZY fun! And we thought Nephi would be boring! ;)


(P.S. I was 15 degrees and yes, Hali does sing. She also texts, drives, and talks simaltaneously - impressive)

6 comments:

Hali said...

HA HA HA.... I heart you Erin-friend!

BUT, you're NOT supposed to discuss my multi-tasking abilities! Pretty sure your parents aren't going to let you play with me anymore :(.

Thanks for a very fun and eventful evening. Next time I'll bring Zac.
Oh...and sorry for making you all cold and such. Next time I'll put Elvis by the stoplight, but only in YOU climb the slide ;-).

Tammy Buehler said...

Oh my!! You two girls just crack me up!!! I must say I am impressed with Hali's multi-tasking abilities - that's not illegal at all! :) Heart! :)

blainebassett said...

That is AWESOME!!!!! I'm so jealous! It looks like you had more fun than at the fireworks show; who knew that Elvis could ignite that Flame to Nephi and send two giddy girls around town.

Elvis knows NO bounds, alive or dead.

I'll have to get me a cardboard cut out and see if I can 1UP you.

IT ON! ;~)

Linda Liebhardt said...

You guys are too, too FUNNY!

Em said...

"Thank you, thank you very Much" :)

Debbie said...

Who knew there was so much fun to be had in Nephi?! I'll share this one with Elder Fish...I'm sure he'll be jealous. lol