Research
So. . . this semester I thought I would be cool and do an extracurricular research paper with the hope of getting published. I know, I'm a chronic overachiever. ( I should read Hali's book!) It's unavoidable. So, in addition to my 17 credits I'm working on establishing a correlation between mass media and post traumatic stress disorder in veterans. Hopefully the paper will be completed and submitted (then published) by December. Keep your fingers crossed.
ROZ
Think Monsters, Inc. everyday in a Persuasion class. Do you think you'd be persuaded to vote Democrat by a professor who simulates the Wicked Witch melting and looks like a fictional slug. I don't think so!!

This is not an exaggeration!!
Football
After 19 straight games, almost my entire collegiate career, SUU finally won a football game. WOO-HOO! It was super exciting to shut out the worst DII school in the NCAA but I have to say that barely losing to a much higher ranked team on Homecoming was almost as good. Maybe it was the fact that we took more pictures than really watched the game!!

The girls at the game. We wanted to get good seats - haha.

This is by far the best picture we've ever taken. Sugar, me and Alex.
Jennifer and me at homecoming! Yep, we watched the game ;)
PS BYU is still undefeated! Rise and shout!!
The Zoo
A few weekends ago - I'm losing track - Rach and I took a little trip to SLC to visit some friends and see her new niece. It was fantastic. Abby is adorable. We decided we need a baby in our apartment, but don't worry dad!! In addition to holding/feeding that perfect girl we also met some friends from Logan. Jimmy had never been to the zoo so on Saturday we completed his life with a trip to the zoo followed by the temple and Cabellas. (Yep, the boys got to pick that one!
Jimmy, Me, Rach, and Dayton at the Zoo!! We're so cool!!
In-N-Out
Friday, my friend Alex and I decided to take a mini road trip to St. George to get some burgers! Ahhh - it was heavenly! We almost just went on to Vegas (for burgers dad don't worry) but decided we'll save a complete round of the In-N-Out chain for a long weekend!

4 comments:
Oh Roz...we need to watch that show! Good thing we match every day so we can survive! Love ya!
P.S. glad you posted again! :)
It's about time slacker! ;)
So... 1) I wanna hear all about you and Heuett's glorious publication.
2) I'll pass along the book on overachieving...you've got spare time to read one more, right?
3) LOVE, love, LOVE your Persuasion tales. I know EXACTLY who you are talking about! (How sad is that?) Just take good notes, ask lots of questions, and kick butt on your papers. You'll be great. I know it.
4) Love your graduation countdown. Although, don't wish it away just yet. I do have a job for you tho... if you'd like to head up to UVU like yesterday ;). Stories to follow...
5) lastly, I AM counting down the days til your "crazy, late-night strange adventures" are "crazy, late-night, strange Hali and Erin adventures."
And there is my novel for the night. :) Ttyl
It's a wonderful college life. I'm glad you a surviving the challenging stuff and enjoying the good stuff. Time will fly. Thanks for taking care of Rach.
Post a Comment