Yesterday morning I stopped at the Malibu before heading to school to gather my registration and proof of insurance in order to obtain the annoying but necessary campus parking pass. (Subnote: a parking ticket has an equivalent price to a parking pass. Buy the pass. Trust me.) Anyway, as I stuck my head in to retrieve the needed documents I noticed my undrunk Sprite cans resting in the cup holder and thought that maybe I'd pick the drink up after class and actually partake of the aspartame filled liquid. By now I'm sure some of you know what happens. . .don't judge me.
Five hours later in the blistering heat of a Southern Utah afternoon I opened my car door, sat down in the drivers seat, attached the aforementioned parking pass, and placed my hand on the steering wheel. Now the interior of my car is not exactly "high class" but I was sure the wheel was not naturally that sticky nor does the interior usually smell like crystallized rock candy. Then I noticed it, my Sprite Can had exploded. Dried sugar, artifical flavoring, MSG, and water covered the entire front seat of my car. I even sat in the mess.
Here I must apologize to my Dad who so kindly shampooed the entire interior of my car before Scott drove it down. Thank you so much for your help and I'm so sorry that it is now a little sticky! At least it wasn't Dr. Pepper or Orange Soda.
The moral of the story is. . . no required science class like Chemistry or Biology or Meteorology or Earth Science will ever prepare some of us for the harsh realities of real life. Heat causes soda cans to explode. It's as simple as that. I only with that Dr. Samha or Mr. Craig or Bill Nye had ever informed me of this awful reality!! At least I know that Chromium has 25 electrons. Thanks Bill!
6 comments:
How funny (and sad)! I'm sorry for your stick seat and every other sticky part of your car. Lets see... the bright side would be that at least your seat was probably DRY when you sat in it... right?
Thanks for the laughs.
Haha...gotta love science, no? :)
Oh Erin....(shakes head) what do ya do?
Ha ha! I love that Trecia is finally shaking her head at someone other than me! 'Atta girl! Who needs all those ridiculous science classes when you can be living the life in the COMM department! Ha ha.
Guess we both should have paid a little more attention in Samha's class. Darn it all... I decided his accent sounded like Shrek on the second day of class. Yep, there was no use even attempting to pay attention after that.
Oh well... that's why there's real life, huh? Glad your car made it back to you in one piece. (minus a hubcap). Way to go Scott :) Diddo to Debbie... thanks for the usual laughs. Miss your face!
I love Bill Bye!! :)
Dude...update your blog. That is all :)
Post a Comment