Sunday, January 10, 2010

A New Year

With the dawn of a new year comes new opportunities; new reasons to improve, excel and change. In honor of the new dawn resolutions are made - some kept and others broken. I hate to disappoint but this post will not include any New Years Resolutions. In fact, this post may be the antithesis of goal setting. Unfortunately, the following post includes ten reasons I may not post for the next three months. Depressing right? :-)

10. Pills and Bills. Back when times were simpler I watched a griping tale of intrigue and mystery with my grandpa. Matlock was a brilliant man and he summed up adulthood perfectly. "Pills and bills, all it is is pills and bills!"

9. Dinner. Who knew that it takes at least a good hour to make dinner? (And I am definitely not Betty Crocker so it takes me longer!) Seriously, mothers are not given enough credit!
8. Morning Sickness. Complete with the hangover-like symptoms like a headache and body pains. Staying up so late to watch a movie or play a boardgame is never good for the mornings! (Hehehe, tricked you didn't I?!)
7. Netflix. All the latest flicks at the click of a button. Who could resist a good cuddle, a bowl of popcorn, and a new movie every week?

6. Lost. . . and Grey's Anatomy and House and NCIS and The Office. Ok, so I really like my shows and movies.

5. Settelers. This game is addicting and since we've played it three of the last four nights I would say we are addicted! You can blame the neighbors but it's worth it.

4. My Wonderful Job. I pretty much have the best job EVER. My bosses rock, my hours rock, and it only takes 5 minutes to get to work!

3. Wild Adventures. Bryce and I attempt to have the best adventures possible and now that football is over every weekend will be full of wild fun!!

2. School. After a year off, I've joined the ranks of academia again! :-) Yep, I am excited for homework and term papers and presentations. I'm working towards my Master's in Professional Communication and should have two more letters behind my name in about two years.

1. The Husband. In addition to having the best job in the world and the opportunity to go to school I have the very, very, very best husband who I can't get enough of. So my free time is spend cuddling, laughing, adventuring, and just being with my best friend!

Ok so I'll try to blog, but I can't make any promises! 2010 is a new year full of potential and new begninnings but mine might be a little busy!!

3 comments:

Hali said...

Hmmm...

You make a valid argument, here. BUT, Hali would still like you to blog.

PS... Congrats on back to school. So excited for you! :-)

Linda Liebhardt said...

Where are you working? ( Hey, I only BLOG stalk, not JOB stalk-ha!) But, seriously, do you have such bad memories of your old job that you can't stand to be back in the library just to say "hi"?

Settlers IS addicting, agreed.

Vikki said...

You are such a....twerp! Totally got me with "morning sickness" til I realized that if that were in fact what I thought it meant I'd have already known about it. Do you really think your mom could keep that secret? I think not. As far as the job goes I'm so, so happy you like it. It makes me feel so much better about things. I love ya and miss ya! I'm so happy your life going this direction.