Sunday, July 6, 2008

A Near Death Experience 'Neath the Magestic Guard of Nebo

'Neath the majestic Guard of Nebo and a super bright security light, Hali and I patiently waited for the night sky to erupt into beautiful, fiery colors. . . . and we waited. . . and waited, momentarily debating what pyro invented fireworks. Finally, to Hal's epic rendition of Indiana Jones, the fireworks started. Surreal willow trees and star fish blossomed before our eyes. At one fascinating blast, a simultaneous "WOW" escaped our lips. Suddenly, a rouge firework erupted directly in front of an unsuspecting family a mere 50 feet in front of us. As I clutched Hali's arm, my super hero, we both screamed and lamented the thought of death by firework. Fortunately, there were no injuries or further brushes with fiery ashes. After an amazing finale, play-by-play commentary and too many pictures for comfort, we tried to forget out death defying ordeal and started reliving some memories - with Blaine's permission of course! After a quick stop at the last late night
frozen drink establishment until Vegas
Hali and I took a main. The fact that we were rollin' in a snazzy, new car with a little over 108 miles on it made us feel so much more grown-up then when we took a couple laps in high school! By the end of the night we were both high on life or soda. . . our night couldn't have been better in Payson or "normal clothes". Love ya Hal!

4 comments:

Hali said...

HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm still laughing! HARD!

Yay for yummy slurpees, crazy pyro's, terrible musical renditions, scary pictures of your's truly (which I strongly think you should remove!), and mostly...fabulous friends! Love ya!

And PS...our friendship does run "that deep." I would have totally protected you with my heart quilt/cape had "death by firework" been imminent! ;)

Rach said...

Wow...I'm glad Hali was there to save you! Glad you're still here with us...cuz who would I live with in Aug? Sounds fun!

Em said...

I haven't seen you 4 4ev!! Hope you're having fun!!

Hali said...

You didn't!

You did! Thank you for adding our theme song to your blog playlist. It truly made my morning (tho my coworkers now think I'm nuts for randomly laughing so hard.)

Next adventure...to be determined! Maybe we should do some wild ridin' at the stampede! Laters!